Saturday, November 08, 2008

 

A whole week huh?

Well some of you may have noticed that I wasn't here much this week and I assure you that it has nothing to do with my political afflictions. Nor do I think that Osama Bin Biden will do a bad job, and I can tell you assuredly that I have been enjoying all of the tasteless jokes that white people have been sharing over the course of the last week. With all of the racist bullshit I have been hearing you'd have thought that he lost the damn election.

Can't a brother catch a break around this supposed free country?

So I will not be referencing the job here anymore, it has come to my attention that certain people have let slip that Ireside here behind the Bullshit and I would hate to let anyone of my so called clients find that I have been telling their secrets to the entire world...or at least the 30 people that stop by occasionally.

So as far as we are all concerned I am the worlds greatest salesperson working for that worlds greatest company and under the best CEO that has ever graced a trade publication.

I haven't been hunting yet this year and apparently I picked the wrong year to be labeled as the continuing world champion of sales, since it seems to cut into my leisure time activities. Like stalking Bambi's daddy, and making him into a beautiful stew and some jerky.

I have started working out every morning again and I can say that I missed it greatly. I love the way the muscles burn and the weights seem to get lighter everyday as the old memories flood back into the meat and bone that used to be an athlete. I don't hold any predispositions that I will be able to be as cock-strong as I was when I was 20-25, but I can say that two years ago I out preformed kids half my age and in better shape...so maybe there is some hope not become the old and decrepit that I see so often in people that are a mere 25-30 years older than me.

But even just after a week the iron flows through me, moving in those ways set forth by the years of practice and repetition that only one who spent his youth pushing people around for fun can receive and remember. the dumbbells,pulleys and bars seem like old friends. your best friends, the type that even when you haven't seen or talked to them for a year or more, it seems like it was yesterday and you fall into the same old routines like you were never apart. My plates and Dumbbells feel like that and I am experiencing the joys of being sore.

For those who don't know the pleasure of the pain of being sore from throwing iron, then you are missing out of one of the closest things I can compare to S&M that I will ever get too, but it is also a certain feeling of accomplishment. When you have this soreness, it reminds you that you have been extending your life one second at a time.

So maybe this becomes the trials and tribulations of me desperately clinging to my youth through the art of exercise and iron tossing....who knows I may need a permanent vacation too.

Anyone have Dr. Kevorkian's number?

PS: I just watched Sweeny Todd with Johnny Depp and that crazy British bitch, and it was like Kill Bill Vol. I and II, without the plot.



<< Home