Thursday, October 16, 2008

 

The Waiting is the hardest part.....

Well I am still here.

The trip to the sand box is still happening we just don’t know when that will be. And if it drags out long enough, well then I just may NOT go! That is what we call organization! And you know what, if that’s what we call it then we have it! Organization by the metric ass load!

So as I sit here gearing up for the third and final presidential debate, I wonder why more people don’t agree with me on some of the finer issues. And I know that we all think differently and have different views of this government, past, present and future, but I can’t help but feel slightly dumb when people want to talk to me about their candidate.

And it isn’t that I don’t know where most of the big issues stand with both of these jerk offs, it just that it doesn’t seem to matter because we as a people, as the so called “governing body of citizens”, have lost the basic principles of being American. Do you think Miles Standish would approve of our welfare system? Do you think Patrick Henry would think the Patriot Act and the Military Commissions Act, makes a lot of sense?

Talking politics to me is like arguing with me the cost of the death penalty. Everyone always says it costs more to kill a criminal then it does to keep them alive. I don’t understand that gorilla math, how is 28K annually cheaper then .45 cents one time purchase? It makes no sense to me. And I’m not going to get into an argument over whether or not the death penalty is constitutional, I don’t care if you don’t think it is, or if you want to put them through like the 10 items or less lane at the supermarket. I just can’t grasp the math…that’s all I’m saying.

So let’s segue into how bad people drive in the rain shall we?!!

This morning my commute was interrupted by a couple of shitheads who couldn’t negotiate their vehicles in a rain storm. It wasn’t like we were all running from hurricane Ike, or we saw cattle fly by our car windows like in that craptastic movie Twister…it was some fucking water falling from the sky, and somehow they could not complete this maneuver without running into each other and causing a back up of hours. Why is it that people feel the need to use their brakes when simply lifting your foot off of the petal would achieve the same if not greater results? Are drivers intrinsically stupid or is this a learned behavior?

Seriously I would like an answer!

Anyone? Anyone? Beuller?



<< Home