Tuesday, August 05, 2008

 

Any more bad news and I swear I'm gonna start stabbin' folk!

My Aunt called me last night, (Different family tree then the little one, who could be going home today!YAY) but back to the current tale of woe. My Aunt called me last night and one of her nephews, and for those of you scratching their head and wondering "But Nightmare, if she's your Aunt, and she has a Nephew, wouldn't that be your cousin or something?" And NO it is her brothers kid, and her family is only related to mine through the marriage thing.

So as I was saying before I was rudely interrupted by SOME PEOPLES internal dialog, My Aunt's nephew was killed while driving his crotch rocket at high speeds.

My aunt thinks he was DOA, but they hooked him to a machine to keep him alive and let the family say good bye. His injuries were compounded by the fact that he was traveling better then 100 mph, hit a patch of gravel, lost control and wrapped his body around a stone fence post.

Injuies included but not limited to;
broken neck, 8 shattered vertebra, every rib broken on one side, an occluded spinal column, bruised heart, and a litany of cuts, abrasions, and basically the worst parts of the drivers ed films.


I knew this kid growing up and we all still know someone exactly like him. He was the happy go lucky life of the party, the kid with the quickest smile that can change your mood from bad to good with a sideways glance. A kid who always, ALWAYS made the wrong decision, you know what friend I am talking about, he/she always has one foot over the line, and no matter how hard they try, it's that foot that gets them in trouble.

Good kids, good people, just not someone you want behind the wheel when it is time to make the Duke's of Hazard creek jump. He struggled his whole life with drugs and alcohol, a part time hustler, he invented the mobile meth lab and made it work for almost 3 years before he was busted, smart kid...well he would have been if he would have applied himself on the side of good instead of evil. But he didn't, he was lured to the dark side, with sex, drugs and rock and roll, and apparently because they have cookies.

I for one am going to miss the little bastard and if he made it to his God's gate, I hope he is judged on joy he brought to other people and not solely on his own actions...otherwise he is gonna burn.

JH, I loved you and I will miss you, I just wish I would have had the chance to give you that beating I promised the first time you got busted with drugs, maybe you would have learned to let people love you and that life was worth playing by the rules.



<< Home