Friday, June 27, 2008

 

Phoning it in...


Yeah I know I have been lax lately and have done a real shit job of writing stuff down. My job has been sucking the life out of me for the last year and I had put a lot of work into a project that would get me out of the day job and into a new gig and I was basically pissed and depressed that I couldn't do more to make it happen faster.

Well some of that have changed, I started believing in my own bullshit and have stepped back into the game, mainly because I really want to have a big ball of work rolling and then walk away from it leaving the majority of it to crash and burn.

Cynical?
Angry?
Bitter?

NOOO! Not me...can you smell the sarcasm?

So I have been doing more work and finding my way through a job that should have been done with me 3 years ago. I have no idea where I got this fucked up work ethic that tells me that if it isn't hard it isn't worth doing.

My younger brother who is by education a electrical engineer, told me that any thing I can that seems easy is a talent and to not use it would be to waste it. I have one of those and I have felt too guilty to use it. I may look into doing exactly that, using a talent that is easy for me yet could reap untold benefits.

One of these days I may share what that is.




<< Home