Monday, September 17, 2007

 

Wost excuse ever

I think having one of us die is the worst excuse ever to get together for a blog party.


But then I think that Greg would have not wanted it any other way.

Tonight we said our goodbyes to Greg Beck, AKA Death's Door. We had to because if he is getting his wish tomorrow well I believe his words were "I'm cookin' bitches!"

After we spent our time in the viewing area crying and laughing and telling stories, I introduced my self to "The Sista" and when I said "Hi I'm Nightmare" Her eyes got real big and she gave me a big hug (must be a Beck family tradition) and after I gave her a stack of the Memorial stickers that Frog PJ's made for me, I was told to stand right where I was and off she went to get The Brother.

I was honored to meet the older brother of Greg, and he had much the same reaction to my name as the Sista, Which made me and Bouby tear up like a couple of sissy's at Boys Town. We had a nice chat, and then I met the Mother. She was awesome and was keeping it together way better then I did.

After meeting the family I, and many like me, needed a drink so we retired to Harry's country club where we gave Greg the best wake a bunch of non-Irish, white people could do for a large black man.

Greg,

I hope you are in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead.
Irish Proverb.

My hearts and prayers go out to Greg's family, friends, casual acquaintances, and anyone else* he may have touched in his short but colorful tenure here on this plan of existence.


*-Except those motherfuckers he had to toss out of any bar, it was too your fault and you should know better.

Godspeed My Friend.



<< Home