Tuesday, September 04, 2007

 

Vaginas and The weekend

Ladies I have a question for you.

Why is there 9 Jillion different kinds of tampon and pad like devices? I know that all vagina's aren't alike, and I know that the clitoris is a tricky little button to find for the untrained, but once you're past the garden and through the gate, the concept is pretty much the same.

So I don't know why there is so many different kinds of plugs, pads, winged cotton ponies, squirrel covers and the like. Would you just need one? What is the criteria for choosing and sticking with YOUR brand of feminine protection? Do you as a young woman just go through all of the many different products? or do you start with what your mom has under the sink? and then listen to your girlfriends as to what they use and then go shopping?

The only reason I ask this is because I saw an ad for the latest and greatest tampon that supposedly allows you to be riding your monthly cycle AND mountain climb, ride horses, and play volley ball. It is sold as the "sport" model of tampon, and has such features like a plastic applicator, extra strong string and a no slip grip. But couldn't you use this for everyday, or are tampons like shoes? You have your fancy "Sunday go to meetin" tampon, your "Lounging around the house doing nothing" tampon, The "Important client" tampon and the daily use model for when you are "just going through the motions of enjoying your job, all the while waiting for the clock to hit 5pm so you can rush home throw in the "Sport" tampon and head for the stables for a quick horse ride?"

Nevertheless, since I don't possess a vagina, I have no fucking clue as to why we need a thousand brands, styles and textures. I get the size thing, I know that some are tiny and others you can park a truck in so I wouldn't want change that but the way I see it if the technology evolves couldn't there just be the one? as the become better, stronger, faster, couldn't we just wean out the other models and maybe try and save some resources?

I know I don't have a fucking clue...but that is why I asked.

Weekend was awesome, Dad says Hi.

***EDIT****
I meant that to read "aren't" alike, not are alike....I apologize for misleading everyone. As I have said before my typing and syntax are generally no where near as good as my speaking ability.



<< Home