Tuesday, August 21, 2007

 

Even more weird shit...

Yeah I know I fucked up the year in the previous post, Big deal I was/am drunk. So I didn't make it to the meat up tonight I was barred from going due to an unfortunate router dying at work this afternoon and I was expecting some massive emails from clients and prospects, so I went home and just now got finished with work stuff.

Sometimes I wish we would all go back to pencils, and presentations instead of portfolios and email. Yes I would be gone more but if my pencil goes down I can always sharpen it with my pocketknife....well not at the airport, but you get my meaning. I know I sound like all of those whinny beotches that wouldn't come to the "intimate gathering" I hosted in Gladstone, but I really did have two ligitmate work problems/clients to take care of. So if anyone would like to go back to that wonderful little Irish pub in the northland I'll buy "A" as in one, round for whoever shows up for a get together Tuesday Sept.18th at, naturally, Micky's Irish Pub, 420 NW Englewood, (816) 455-6868.

Now on to weird shit I have seen while avoiding work and waiting to win that ginormous lottery.


ORLANDO, Fla. -- Orlando, Fla., police were hoping for a good turnout at their "Kicks for Guns" sneaker exchange Friday, but they weren't expecting to get a surface-to-air missile launcher.

An Ocoee, Fla., man showed up and exchanged the 4-foot-long launcher for size-3 Reebok sneakers for his daughter.

Taking advantage of the exchange's no-questions-asked policy, the man was not identified. He told the Orlando Sentinel that he found the weapon in a shed he tore down last week. The man said he took it to three dumps to try to get rid of it, and they all turned him away.

Besides the missile launcher, police collected more than 250 guns. They were all exchanged for sneakers or $50 gift certificates.



Something to do when bored....google images "DSC00001.jpg". This will allow you to see what people take pictures of with their BRAND new digital camera the first time.







LITTLE ROCK, Ark. -- Thanks to one little misplaced word, it appears that people of any age can legally be married in Arkansas, with parental consent.

Lawmakers say a law passed this year would even allow infants to be married if their parents agree. And that may force the governor to call a special session to fix the mistake.

The bill's sponsor said the legislation was intended to establish 18 as the minimum age to marry and also let pregnant teenagers marry with parental consent.

An extraneous "not" in the bill, however, allows anyone who is not pregnant to marry at any age if the parents allow it.

A commission that fixes typographical and technical errors in laws had tried to correct the mistake, but a group of legislators argued that the commission went beyond its powers.

The Legislature is not scheduled to meet again until January 2009.



<< Home