Friday, July 20, 2007

 

Good to be Friday

As the weekend approaches, I can wholeheartedly admit that I have been praying for this day to come for a month now.

My biz partner, and cousin, is heading to a meeting to possibly sell a IP that we have developed over the last 2 years. If this sale happens, well we won't be the three nerds in the BK commercial with the line "Thats 33 million double cheeseburgers each", but it will still be one hell of a payday for us.

*SEVERE SEGUE*

So I got an email from the Future me this morning, that reads;

"Dear FutureMe,
What is you ass been doing for the last year? Did Cuzzin's Project work out? Are you know a wealthy guy living off of the interest of your salesmanship? Has you fat ass been to the gym recently? You are 10 days away from turning 40 do you feel like turning you're 40?"

So to answer myself, which is weird that the big meeting is today, and I asked if it was sold yet a year ago...creepy, but I guess we'll find out in a couple of hours. I have not been to the gym lately, unless you count Golf as a work out, and I know I'm 10 days away from 40, but I am not that old that riding in a golf cart is a workout. I have lost 70 lbs or so...ok 65 lbs, but I do havve to poop, so maybe 70 lbs. I still don't feel 40, I feel pretty much like I did when I was in High School. Weird I know but I can still remember my locker combo, and they haven't changed it in 22 years either, because when I was at my 20 year reunion, we went to the school to see how it had changed, and I opened my locker. I was tempted to steal all of the pens, but I figured that kid had enough problems just being in my old school.

So weird emails, big meetings and the wait for the weekend where I'll be firmly inducted into a secret society that helps the old, sick and orphaned. Anyone else in the KC area wanna join said secret organization let me know!

Have a great weekend and if I suddenly have money...I'll host a OPEN bar Blog meet up complete with BBQ at a park somewhere on a future Saturday.


Keep your fingers crossed!



<< Home