Tuesday, November 14, 2006

 

Taunt me will ya! I think NOT!

So I was watching the Monday Night Football Game last night on TV and thank god the Panthers won that pile of shit, because I am still in the running for the $2646.00 in the Elimination Pool, No Good Daddy was in it but he decided to pick New England last week and they lost dismally ….anywho I was watching the game and the NFL played a commercial asking the viewers to come up with a new concept for the “Best Superbowl Commercial Ever” and told us to go to the website nfl.com/superad.

So I did.

I figure “Hey I have a degree in Advertising and I thought most of the ads I have seen have sucked big time, Well except for the ones with Don Cheedle in them, those were cool, but the rest have sucked. So I go to the website and start reading and find out that you have to be at one of three cities, NYC, Denver, and somewhere else to make your pitch and only after signing a waiver.

Well I don’t really want to go to any of these places so I kinda lose interest, but I want to read the waiver anyway. So I open the PDF, and start reading.

It is all pretty standard NFL has the right to your stuff blah blah blah, NFL doesn’t owe you anything if you don’t get picked, blah blah blah, and then I see this para graph and decide that this is not a contest I would ever enter even for money and a free trip to the superbowl…..

“I understand that, as part of the Contest, the public may vote on my Concept after viewing a video of my participation in the Contest over on the Internet or otherwise. This may result in the public disclosure of my appearance, name, likeness, voice, conversation, biographical data and other information about me, including that which is of a personal, private, embarrassing or unfavorable nature, which may expose me to public ridicule, humiliation or condemnation. I acknowledge and agree that the NFL shall have the right to include any or all such information and appearances, depictions or portrayals in connection with the Contest, the exploitation of the Concept and the broadcast of the Program in its sole discretion, throughout the universe in perpetuity, and waive any and all claims based on such use. “

Yeah I have WAYYYY too many skeletons for this to be part of a waiver….just for tickets to the Superbowl to watch two teams that I don’t even like!

So I’ll be happy with being the last of 6 people out of 160+ to be in the elimination pool.



<< Home