Saturday, September 30, 2006

 

Nuclear war and the Bible

And I will pour out mine indignation upon thee, I will blow against thee in the fire of my wrath, and deliver thee into the hand of brutish men, skilful to destroy.

This is a quote from one of my favorite movies ever! And I thought that it would be a good time to use it when dealing with temp help.

Well it is also from the bible, and for my money you cannot bring fear to the masses without using some 2000 year old self help book, written by 4 drunks in a tavern out in the desert. Hell that book could have been written by some Vegas lounge act the last time we had nuclear weapons and all that was found were the dead sea scrolls, and some good ideas left behind by people who didn’t want the same thing to happen again.

Well now we’re fucked because Iran and Iraq have the bomb and it is only a matter of time before we get blown back to where I would like to start over, the single cell organism.

Really… what would you do if there was only a week left before we went the way of the Dodo bird? Would you spend it naked with your loved one or would you try and defy the odds and pack everything up and head into the wilderness?

I would do a little of both. I have this feeling that if there was a nuclear explosion, even if I was at ground zero, I would be unscathed. I don’t have any reason for this belief but if you have ever seen the original Heavy Metal movie from the 80’s, you know the scene I’m talking about, at the end of the movie playing “mob rules”, and the green goop covering the village leader…and he comes up with that groovy saw on his hand and starts attacking the hero chick? Yeah that is me.

Temps…what can I say most of them are brain dead crack addicts and the rest are recovering crack addicts.

Cocaine is a hellofa drug.

4 more days and I’m into bonus land and will be done with the Radio Shack roll out, well as long as my vendor supplies hold out. My steel vendor shorted me a stack of steel and now I don’t know if I will make it to the end. The good news is no matter what I have a meeting in Minneapolis on Friday morning so I won’t be around for the fall out, my two “supervisors” will be falling under the bus for this one.

Well I think we will maybe squeak by, so there won’t be any bad things, just me not being there.

C-ya in a week



<< Home