Friday, September 09, 2005

 

All the news that is fit to print

Well enough Katrina talk. Everyone is doing all that they can to help, with the exception of the commander and chief, and all of the prayers are headed to the right people, and the curses are reaching the criminals.

So I am in the middle of rewriting an install manual…Ok I’m having someone else write it for the 12th revision! It is currently 36 pages for a box like structure that has 13 parts!

Yes I said 13 parts.

36 fucking pages.

If you have ever put together any sort of shelf unit, or CD cabinet, or any storage unit bought from Target, or Wal-Mart that comes knocked down and you have to assemble it using a screw driver and a pair of pliers, then you know what we are making. But with those items you get a one page instruction sheet. We have to create 36 pages of instructions because apparently my client is dumber then the average Wal-Mart shopper. Which means they are one step above retardation. Or maybe even one step below.

Today is Friday and around here that is known as Black Friday for a few more people. It seems that some of our staff that has been dragging it’s feet on some pretty important projects, and now they don’t have to worry about that anymore. Because they don’t have jobs here.

Unfortunately I’m not one of them so my sentence continues. And yes it feels like a prison sentence.

I have been thinking of what I will do if I ever find myself at the end of black Friday, I have a standing job offer to do a morning show on the fly 92.7 in Wichita KS. I could sell real estate (if I took the classes) but that is solely based on commission and I don’t like that idea. So I will continue to try and drag this phoenix from the ashes and pray to the proper gods of commerce that we can survive.


So I leave you with this; Have a nice weekend and enjoy what you have because Mother Nature May want to rearrange it for no good reason. Count your blessings often and don’t sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff. Make love and like it. Be happy.

Here is some more puppy pics to help you on your way!




<< Home