Tuesday, May 09, 2006

 

College Fricking Rocks!

When I was living in Chico CA. for the first year I lived in a full house. Now I don’t mean a full house like itr was packed to the roof ….all though it was one of those too, I’m talking about a Full House as in Poker. That’s right we had 3 of one kind two of another in our house.

I lived with these 3 black guys two of them were gang bangers and the other guy was the second whitest black man I have ever met, second only to Fast Freddie, who went to an all white high school. Then there was Disco Bob and me.

Yes his name was Disco Bob, the three Bruthas were Hurricane Pye, Baby Joe and Sid the Butcher. A more diverse house you will never find. We were known as the 4th street Posse. That was the way we rolled.

I was also thrust into the wonderful world of “gangster rap”. And when I say thrust I mean rudely awakened at 6 am every morning to Eazy E and Dr. Dre singing ( I use that term loosely) Eazy duz it, at full volume through 6 speakers and one sub that was roughly the size of the amp in “Back to the Future”. For those of you who aren’t familiar with Eazy E and his hit song Eazy duz it, here is the first stanza…can I call it a stanza? Maybe it is the first paragraph in the lyrics of the song….or is it a reading?

Fuck I don’t know, here is what I was blasted out of bed with EVERY morning!

Well I'm Eazy-E, I got bitches galore
You may have a lot of bitches but I got much more
Wit my super duper group coming out to shoot
Eazy-E, muthafukas cold knocking the boots
'Cause I'm a hip-hop thugster, I used to be a mugster
If you heard Compton, you think I own a drugstore
Getting stupid because I know how
And if a sucker talks shit, I give him a (POW)
8 ball sipping, the bitches are flipping
Slow down, I hit a dipping, continue my tripping
Hitting my switches, collect from my bitches
The money that I make so I can add to my riches
Fill my stash box and start rubbing my gat
Feeling good as hell because my pockets are fat
A hardcore villian cold roaming the streets
And wit a homie like Dre just supplying the beats

Nice and cheery huh?

The reason I had a flash back to those glory days of ballin and bitches, was because of the Natalie Portman skit on SNL. If you haven’t seen this yet please click here And make sure that you have peed already because I almost wet my pants when I watched this.

We had a lot of fun that semester in college. I was the poorest mutha fucker in the world back then. It seems that Chico State had a influx of students like never before seen, and there was a HUGE housing shortage. I ended up with the 4th Street Posse because I agreed (read begged) to split the rent of the 2 bedroom house as long as I got to use the otherwise unoccupied laundry room. So everyone’s rent was 88 bucks a month and 1/5th the utilities. And I had trouble keeping that paid….there just wasn’t a housing shortage, there was also a job shortage.

I had to work as a telemarketer.

Fuck you it was for the Northern California Burn Foundation. It helped little kids….I think. That is the script I got.

So that is the story I’m sticking to.

I’ll add more posse stories later…I got some doozies!



<< Home